4/28/09

Using Gmail to Track Projects

I am sure everyone has heard this solution a couple times, I know I have. But I would like to share how I use gmail to keep track of my projects, and why.

How

I just started a todo list with the order of most importance.  Importance is usually decided by due date, but in some circumstances like studying for a test.  I move it higher in the ranking even it's further away, because I need to do a little bit every night.  If a project is a one shot deal, I will  put it in the queue with no information.  What I really like about using gmail though is that I can type whatever I want, however I want, unrestricted and quickly.  When I have multi-part projects I leave little notes about where I am in the project and whatever else I think will be useful in the future.  My current queue looks like this.


Assignment 2 for cs372  // P38 get help on! Get answers in a format I can turn in.






Senior Project Work // Work on the post tonight and then finish my two features for core and then help on website.




CS372 // Study for midterm a little every night

CS 419  Paper or Patch //Decide if I want a paper or patch ?

Pretty simple yet informative! Then every time you need to update your todo list hit the reply button, copy and paste the remaining tasks , add notes and hit send. Now your tasks will always be visible as unread mail and easy to find.


Why?

Yes this is basically just typing things down in a todo list so why use gmail ?  Because I know I will always check my gmail. Having my todo list in a place that I know I will always look it is the best part and it is always marked unread so it catches my eye.  Since I began using gmail to keep track of my projects,  I have been a lot more on top of things and haven't forgotten or missed a single deadline. This solution has been working great for me and it can work great for you!

Tell us how you track your projects and why!

Spread The Love, Share Our Article

Related Posts

No Response to "Using Gmail to Track Projects"

Post a Comment